Thursday, September 7, 2006

High Heels Don't Make Good Hammers

sooooooo lets start this one off right. I head out in the sweltering florida heat to start another work day, one of many, they have become endless. "Today" - my dad states - "we're going to cut the holes in the main supply pipe so we can hook up the ducts. I'll do the first one and then you do the rest". Ok, I think to myself... this cant be that hard. That was my first mistake - assuming makes an ass out of u and me or in this case - just ME! So, dad proceeds to try to puncture the sheet metal with a screw driver, after about 5 times he figures that aint working - of course I was just sitting there wondering how many times he was going to try it before he made that realization ha ha! He finally abandones the screw driver for a drill - much more effective. Then he pulls out these rusty little snips... I'm thinking - WTF! He begins to snip away at the sheet metal, gets about halfway done then hands them over to me. "Here ya go!" then he adds... "it may be a little tough, these snips are 30 years old" Yea, whatever. After the 2nd hole, I bail to Lowes to buy new snips - come on, you cant build houses without tools and I learned long ago, high heels dont make good hammers! With my new snips in hand, I cut through the remaining metal like butter ahh to quote Langston Hughes - Life is Fine, Fine as Wine...
So we're getting ready to physically hang the main supply pipes in the rafters and dad realizes he put a wrong size collar on, he put an 8 where he needed a 9. Ok, so I make the worst mistake and laugh at him.... yea, come to find out, I messed up too! Aaaaagggh! "It's the heat", I cry and curse myself under my breath - that's what I get for laughing at him.
We're almost done with HVAC, and soon the county inspectors will come out and (hopefully) approve all our hard work so we can wrap this crazy shit up and hang drywall. I'm so ready to get to easier stuff... like tiling WOO HOO!
Oh yea, I go to the Doctor tomorrow to find out if that damn hammer broke my wrist - yea ha haha ha ha laugh all you want - karma is a beeeyatchGotta jet - PEACE OUT!

No comments: