Friday, December 1, 2006

Where Are We?


Ok, so the last post was about footings - my how the time has flown by! We've got half of the porch done - not the top planks just the footings, support posts and "joists" I guess that is what they are called. It was tough work, the wood was heavy (pressure treated 2x8's in various lengths). The longest peice was 16' and assembled it was a double 2x8x16 with a 2x6x16 underneath (don't ask, I can't explain it but it's how it is done). We had to use my dad's tractor to lift that and put it into place. Dad and I worked all weekend and busted out the largest part of the deck, we'll begin work on the remainder after we get some stuff done inside.


Thanksgiving Holiday just didnt take place for me. I spent the entire holiday (Thurs, Friday & Saturday) priming and then painting the interior of the house - it is done and looks fabulous! Thursday I kept forgetting it was Thanksgiving... managed to get (2) of My Cafe Misto's from Starbucks before they closed at 3pm and my only meal of the day consisted of FRENCH FRIES! Yea, Whataburger was the only place open, being a vegetarian, I didn't have a huge selection to choose from. Thurs & Fri it was me, Ray and my parents and we got A LOT done. Saturday, my friends Wade and Amber came in and helped. My mom stayed home to watch the Seminoles get beat by the Gators - ha ha ha! I find watching sports extremely boring (of course my opinion only - and I absolutely love to tease my mom when her precious Seminoles get beat) My Dad spent most of the day trying to clean up his tools and get things in order for Sunday. Sunday, I finished up the last bit of painting then cleaned the house for the wood flooring guys who were coming in on Monday. After taking a look at what it would take to install my wood floors... i decided to hire someone for this task.Take a look, it's a lot to do http://www.remodelingmyspace.com/flooring/flooring-wood-hardwood/hardwood-flooring.htm
It's now Friday again: Wood Floors are in (but not sanded and finished yet). most of the outlets and switches are in, I've got to go buy my light fixtures and those go in this weekend. Kitchen cabinets are supposed to be done Dec 4th, I should get them by Dec 7th??? Trying to get all electrical in so I can get final sign off and get AC on so floor guys can finish the floors. I'm not sure which direction I am going in, lots of stuff happening at once so everything is a blur! I bought the ceramic tile for all my bathroom floors - got an excellent deal, which is good because I just found out that I have to rip all the siding off the house (it had 3 sides completed just not painted) because its Hardie Board and if you dont paint it, it can absorb moisture and ruin in - the vinyl siding guy says its ruined - yea, and he wants $7K to replace it with vinyl siding. So, that's where I am... where I'm going... not sure yet - probably crazy! ha ha! Gotta Jet - PEACE OUT!
ps - Special thanks to Ray, Amber and Wade for helping me paint, I know I am a bear to work with! Luv you guys!


No comments: