Friday, December 8, 2006

Light at the End of the Tunnel

It is December 8 - Friday -one week from my last blog. Over the weekend and this week we managed to get all AC vents, outlets, switches, faceplates, lights and fans in. Everything looks great - is that the light at the end of the tunnel I see, or just the bathroom light ha ha!
Partial electrical and HVAC mechanical inspections were approved (everything is good) 5 minutes ago - My final power will be hooked up Monday.
Once they hook my permanent power up (Ive been on temp power), I can turn on my heat so my wood floors can "cure" and the wood floor installers can come back and sand and finish the floors.
My kitchen cabinets were delivered yesterday. We are installing the top cabinets this weekend. Once the wood floors are finished, we can install the bottom cabinets then my Corian installers can come in and make a template for my countertop.
Turns out, the siding guy was right and I have to tear off and install new siding and trim on the entire exterior. That's only $6K I didnt budget, but at least I won't have to lift a finger with that! It's been kind of nice hiring people to do the "labor". I've hired people for the drywall, wood floors and siding - that's not too bad that my father and I have managed to do everything else ourselves (with a little help from friends - I LUV YOU GUYS, all you who have helped me!)
Also this weekend I'll be installing rock board on the floors in the bathrooms so I can install my ceramic tile next week -keeping busy...Gotta Jet - PEACE OUT!

No comments: