Friday, December 29, 2006

Where Does the Time Go?

Although we are working hard, it seems I can't FINISH anything. Guess this house is finally getting to me ~ should I even say it... sometimes I wish I had never done this. Ok, yea there it is... crash course in Negativity 101. We all do it, some more than others, but I really try hard not to. Try as I might, all this work, all this money, no rest for a year ~ yea it's gotten to me. But that's it, I guess it's ok to complain a little... or is it?
Immediately after my last blog, my power was turned on, the flooring guys finished my floors (oh yea - they look fantastic).

My dad and I had to change the layout of the kitchen cabinets, install them, uninstall them, change the layout again, install them again, return some and re-order others. While doing that, I bought the kitchen appliances... had to return the stove and get a special one (triple the cost - dangit!). We are waiting on a cabinet to come in and then the counter top guys can come in and make the template for the Corian (which will take another 10 days to make & install). Word of advice - if you dont know what you're doing ordering cabinets... dont trust HOME DEPOT to know either. I had a major blonde moment with those, but at least I know better now... yea... now... that the cabinets set me back a month.
SIDING - not sure if I mentioned this in previous blogs or not but I have to rip off all the hardie board siding that was already on the house and re-do it - apparently the guy that started this house didn't know you have to seal and paint it right away or it absorbs moisture and ruins it... yet another non-budgeted item to fix! That's being done this week and yes, I hired someone to do this. BATHROOMS - I installed all the rock/cement board on the floors of my (3) bathrooms to prepare for ceramic tiles and my dad and I continued to work on the porch - it looks good.

No comments: