Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Have a Move in Date!


Ok, This may seem a bit repetitive, but seriously folks... this time I'm almost done! I can laugh now, looking back at how many times I said that... how many times I thought I had "a month to go". Silly me!

I spent Easter Weekend by myself and it was awesome! My daughter was with her father and my parents had escaped to South Carolina. For the first time since January, I had the house to myself. Well to myself and the 2 dogs, 2 cats & 2 horses that I fed and entertained in my parent's absence.

I got quite a bit done at the "Work House". Installed ceramic tiles on all my window sills, put the final coat of polyeurothane on my Red Oak Stairwell treads, installed the mirrors, towel racks and toilet paper holders in the bathrooms and did a MAJOR clean-up. My carpet for the loft is being installed this Friday and I'm hoping to finish the baseboards this weekend. I've already told my dad - once the carpet is in, I'm moving in! So, getting the baseboards in this weekend would be good... then I will begin moving in after the weekend.

I have very little to finish: handrail for the interior and porch stairwell, loft carpet, baseboards and closet systems... that's it. Then I have to sod 3 feet from foundation and I can get my Certificate of Occupancy..... I am so glad this is almost over, I really need my weekends back!

No comments: