Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back From the Dead

Since my last writing, we've managed to get a few things accomplished. The porch is 90% complete. My dad fabricated and installed the railings - they look fabulous! The only thing left is a small section of porch that was already built - we have to tear off the wood and replace it with the composite planks and then build and install the railings... it's a small area, so it shouldn't take that long. We completed installation of the oak stair treads - so the next chore is the handrail (UGH). We installed all the toilets and the kitchen sink fixtures, as well as final installation of the dishwasher and stove. The Corian dudes came and fixed my counter-tops - they look good. I happened to fall deathly ill on Thursday 2/22/07 and had a 102 fever through Sunday. I was able to drag my butt to work on the house for 4hrs on Sunday and then slept for 7! I'm slowly coming back from the dead, but now my dad has it. So it looks as though I'll be working solo for awhile.

No comments: