Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Building



I've taken on a huge task and figured I'd write about it, so I can remember what a pain in the butt it is and think twice before I do it again. Ha ha!
So what in the world am I doing? Building my house. To be completely accurate, I purchased a partially built house, it's what they call "dried in" basically the structure is built, the roof is on and shingled and the exterior siding is on..... well mostly. I've got lots of interior framing that needs to be fixed, I'm cutting in a window and replacing one window with french doors. So I've got some exterior siding yet to do as well.
It was a hot weekend this weekend, but we got a lot done (my dad and I are working together). My dog was not that amused with our venture, so she decided to find things to chew on and birds to harass. I learned to get out of the way when dad has the jig saw. Now I have to lay out my kitchen design so I can order some cabinets - dang there is a lot to do. I'm sporting about 10 new bruises and only remember how I got 3 of them.Ok thats enough for today - gotta get back to work

No comments: