Tuesday, August 22, 2006

BACK to Work!

Here we are mid-August and where am I? Well... I took a week off to visit my brother and his family in Wisconsin - that was nice. I didn't work on the house for 2 weeks, which means I'm behind schedule ha ha! I finished the plumbing and most of the odds and ends framing for drywall. Getting ready to do HVAC - think I might take off a few days from my "day job" to bust this out and get it done! Once the system is in, I'm ready for my major inspections by the dreaded County Government... man, I hope they don't have any issues! I'm hoping to get drywall within a month, then after that - things should fly like fur in a cat fight! I was quite overwhelmed (to say the least) before I went to Wisconsin, but taking some time off I realized just how much work my dad and I have done. After a week of awesome, cooler, temperatures and doing nothing more than eating, lounging and a couple 2 mile runs - it was difficult to get back to this heat and major hard work. I did a 10 mile bike ride in 90 degree temps to get back in the "swing" of things ha ha! Had a slight mishap this first weekend back at it - I forgot to put my hammer in the hole at the top of the ladder (BIG LADDER) and it fell on me. Hit me on my collar bone and wrist. Both bled and hurt like heck! I almost cried - I can get away with it because I am a girl ha ha! I'm better now, but you can bet I wont make that mistake again! Well that's about it Gotta jet - Peace out!

No comments: